Lately I've been digging myself to The Temper Trap's songs, and this new habit inevitably brought me back to the first time when I was listening to their Sweet Disposition. Again, my introduction to this Australia-based band came from the radio. Before the announcer told us that its vocalist is Indonesian, I had thought it was native.
(The paragraph above I wrote few months ago. And here I am, trying to continue it with my best.)
I don't really dig them anymore, in fact (it seems that) I haven't dug any musician this year. That could be the main reason why this little space on Blogger rarely seen my update.
Anyway... back to the main topic.
I love love "Fader". My favorite track from all of Dougy Mandagy (vocals), Lorenzo Sillitto (lead guitar), Joseph Greer (keyboards and guitar), Jonathon Aherne (bass guitar), and Toby Dundas (drums) works.
Got my ears glued into it because of its high airtime on the radio I used to listen to every night. There was this night radio show, hosted by two male announcers - whom I adore. The songs which they played during their show leave some marks on my life. Obviously, my musical preference is one of it.
At that time (I think I was in my final year at junior high), the band didn't get huge coverage like they do now. And for the record, "Fader" came after "Sweet Disposition".
Words don't sink, it swims.
- "Fader", The Temper Trap
The vocals and back vocals unite in their own way, making you press the 'play' button again and again. If you're eager to trace their musical root, do listen to this track.
No comments:
Post a Comment
What do you think about my post? Tell me!